WHAT WE KNOW:
According to news reports, a 7.2 magnitude earthquake struck Haiti, Saturday, August 14, about 8:30 a.m. their time. The epicenter was located about 90 miles west of Port-au-Prince, near the town of Petit-Trou de Nippes.
WHAT WE HAVE HEARD FROM PASTOR DELAMY:
The earthquake was felt throughout Haiti. The areas in the south have been affected the most. Homes have collapsed and hospitals are full with those seeking medical care. Pastor Delamy has checked all areas of his ministry and there are no reports of damage or injuries.
This earthquake is a fresh reminder of the 7.0 magnitude earthquake in 2010 with the epicenter just outside Port-au-Prince. Many people still deal with the physical and emotional scars of that event.
- Pray for those who are reliving the traumas of 2010, may they be comforted.
- Pray for those who are directly impacted by today’s earthquake.
- Pray for those who are providing medical care for the injured.
- Pray for peace during this time. May the civil unrest settle down.
- Pray for Haiti’s leadership as they deal with this situation. The country is still finding its way after the assassination of Haiti’s president last month.
- Pray that Tropical Storm Grace, that is headed towards Haiti, will have minimal impact on the country.