God is good even in the midst of trouble.
On one of my first trips to Haiti, Pastor Delamy told me, “God is good all of the time.”
I have used this term many times myself, so I was touched that both of us use the same term to describe our thankfulness in this way.
As we hear the news from Haiti, we know there are great problems in the country. But I am so thankful that God continues to carry out the work of Haiti Foundation of Hope in Terre Blanche.
Here are a few things (and there are many more) I’m thankful for:
- The Clinic of Hope is open and staffed on a daily basis.
- The schools are operating and lunches are served to over 800 students.
- The church has services regularly and in more than one town!
- I recently saw pictures of first aid training held at the clinic.
- There is water available at several wells drilled in the last few years.
- The Clinic of Hope is being recognized for the work they do and enjoys a good relationship with the government health department.
- We have communications with our friends in Haiti so we can share videos, pictures and our lives like never before with the technology that we have today.
There are so many good things that God is doing in the communities in Northern Haiti. I believe Pastor Delamy is right: God is good all the time. How can we not say that God is good all the time when we see all that He is doing?
We can certainly continue to pray for those in Haiti and I am thankful that I can help in some small way!
by Dave Ezell, HFH board member