February and March were full of activities for HFH and the Clinic of Hope. Here are a few highlights:
- Two medical teams worked alongside the Clinic of Hope staff to treat over 1700 patients.
- An x-ray repair team came to put the finishing touches on the new digital x-ray. The first x-rays were taken with excellent results.
- The 8th medical conference was held in February. The Clinic of Hope staff is very proud of their clinic and distributed a paper to the 200 participants listing the services that are provided at the clinic. Those services include: general medicine, dental, eye, ultrasound, x-ray, laboratory, and HIV and TB testing and treatment.
- Two visiting Haitian surgeons, assisted by HFH team members, completed over 20 surgeries.
- An ophthalmologist from Port-au-Prince provided sight-giving cataract surgery for 10 patients.
- The Clinic of Hope providers led several of the evening didactic sessions.
We are thankful for all who support this work through volunteering, prayer and donations. We could not do this without you. Our team is so much bigger than these photos can depict as we count each of you as part of the team. Thank you!
by Linda and Dr. Joe Markee, HFH board members