On a Saturday in February, a special day was organized for the assistant Pastors, board members and other lay Christian workers from the churches in Finel, Dubedou, Terre Blanche and Anse Rouge. These are Pastor Delamy’s churches.
This group of faithful workers was invited to the Finel church for a full day retreat. There were 120 in attendance.
Pastor’s Delamy’s goal was to encourage each one to “stay positive and optimistic during the hardest situation that everyone is facing.”
- Welcome and breakfast.
- Devotion on this year’s verse: Without wise leadership, a nation falls; there is safety in having many advisers. Proverbs 11:14 (NLT) They will meditate on this verse throughout 2022.
- Break and fun activity.
- Leadership Seminar: Definition and characteristics of a leader (competence, clear communication, enthusiasm).
- Law of Influence/John Maxwell: “Without influence, you will never be able to lead others.”
- Workshop: The secretary of each church shared what their church had accomplished during 2021, despite the difficulties in the country.
- Worship and prayer in the church yard.
- The day ended with sharing rice with each family.
This was a blessed and encouraging time together!
When a friend of Pastor Delamy’s heard of this retreat, he wrote an encouraging word: “I am always pleased to see the wonderful job you are doing in the Artibonite area where the needs far exceed the resources. We are certainly witnessing God’s active work through your ministry!”
We can provide encouragement as we pray for these faithful servants of God – may they continue to be faithful and look to God for His strength and wisdom during these difficult days.