Pastor Delamy recently led a Common Core session with the purpose of motivating and encouraging the leaders of the Community Health Program despite the obstacles encountered in Haiti today.
The hope was to work together to develop strategies that would lead to an increase in the use of the maternal and infant services at the Clinic of Hope in Terre Blanche.
This session was built around these verses:
- “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9
- “Whoever is slack in his work is a brother to him who destroys.” Proverbs 18:9
Some of the ideas proposed by those attending included:
- Reach the community through mobile clinics in the most remote areas.
- Optimize the integration of community health program staff in the promotion of maternal and child services in the communities.
- Provide regular marketing services for the Clinic of Hope.
As anticipated, the meeting generated excitement among the attendees, as well as generating useful ideas. Mercidieu Blanc, one of the attendees, shared, “I find myself completely in this meeting. My spirit badly needed to hear this kind of message.”
And in the words of Pastor Delamy, “On this, all the glory is to God.”
by Donn Raymond, HFH board member