Each one of our volunteer medical teams is unique and this summer’s team was no different. There are so many great stories to share:
- Over 700 patients were treated as the team worked alongside the Clinic of Hope staff.
- The generosity of donors allowed rice and beans to be given to those most in need.
- The donated digital x-ray machine is being used. It provided vital information so that doctors could accurately diagnosis a very ill seven-month old girl.
- The Clinic of Hope welcomed a new staff physician who shares the vision to serve the poor in this underserved, impoverished area of northern Haiti.
- The team celebrated as 29 pre-kindergarten students graduated. They are now ready to begin kindergarten in the fall. Most of these students have parents with no formal education so this is a milestone for their whole families.
- Students in the secondary school were excited about a classroom that is being turned into a computer room with donated computers.
- Three team members were certified ESL (English as a Second Language) teachers and worked with many high school students.
- It rained most days and the crops were growing. The church has asked for continued prayers for just the right amount of rain to bring about a harvest.
Our in-country partners and staff serve with excellence and joy. And we are grateful for all who partner with us to continue this work in Terre Blanche.
By Linda and Dr. Joe Markee, HFH board members and team leaders