We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you. Colossians 1:3
November 18 is a Haitian holiday celebrating the Battle of Vertieres fought in 1803. This was the last major battle in the Haitian fight for independence from France.
Last year, there was a huge demonstration on November 18 with Haitians calling for their president to resign. HFH had a medical team in Haiti at that time.
The demonstrations have continued throughout this past year with increased instability and unrest. The country has been locked down since mid-September which has greatly affected the day-to-day life of Haitians.
As this November 18 holiday arrives, we anticipate major demonstrations and are asking you to join us for prayer and fasting on behalf of the Haitian people.
- Pray for God’s divine intervention in Haiti. Thank Him that he hears the cries of His people.
- Pray for God’s peace to reign and for God’s light to shine into dark places and expose evil.
- Pray for God’s provision and protection: food, fuel, medical supplies, endurance and wisdom.
- Pray for the many children throughout Haiti who have not been able to start school this year.
- The Clinic of Hope and Terre Blanche schools have remained open but many staff members have not been able to return to their homes. Pray they do not become discouraged and can continue to serve as God has directed them. These Haitians remain an inspiration to HFH with their dedication to God.
Lord God, we know you hear your people when we pray. Guide our hearts as we pray.
You are Jehovah Shalom – The Lord is peace.
You are Jehovah Jireh – The Lord will provide.
You are Jehovah Shammah – The Lord that heals.
You are Jehovah-Raah -The Lord is my shepherd.
You are El Shaddai – Lord God Almighty.
Thank you for praying and encouraging our brothers and sisters in Haiti.