Hear my prayer, O God; listen to the words of my mouth. Psalm 54:2
Just three weeks ago we posted an article on the HFH website asking people to join us in praying for Haiti because of the situation in Haiti at that time.
The situation has continued to deteriorate. Today, Pastor Delamy called to say that the country is closed down. There is no fuel and the looting, demonstrations and lawlessness are the worst ever. There is concern that gangs will burn the Natcom and Digicel towers and leave people in Haiti without communication.
The HFH board will be gathering tomorrow to pray. We invite you to pray with us and intercede for Haiti in the days ahead.
- Pray for God to work miraculously in the hearts and minds of all Haitians, from the teenagers forced into gangs to the high level of politicians. Pray for all to turn to God.
- Pray for peace in the land of Haiti. Remind people that God is the courage-giver and giver of peace.
- Pray for Pastor Delamy and Elvire to have wisdom to know how to lead the people of Terre Blanche during these difficult times. Pray they will know how to serve the people.
- Pray the five nurses who are at the Clinic of Hope right now will have the combined knowledge to care for the patients who arrive at the clinic. There is no medical doctor who can safely travel to the clinic at this time.
- Pray for safety for all.
- Pray the gangs do not burn down the cell towers.
- As Pastor Delamy and Elvire are sharing what food and water they have with the employees and patients who are in Terre Blanche, pray there will be enough food and water for these days.
- Tropical Storm Fiona has formed in the Caribbean and may impact Haiti on Monday. Pray for God’s hand of protection.